Our little Saige isn't so little anymore! There isn't a drop of baby left in her now - she's 100% kid! Potty trained, talking in sentences, going to preschool..... she's a kid!
So, before describing how smart Saige is, let me state that it's not just ME being her mom and thinking she's so smart. We hear every day from people who meet her (teachers at her preschool, friends and babysitters) that she is SMART. Not only is she very verbal, but she has a comprehension of the world that is astounding. At 2 1/2 years old, here a few of the things she knows:
- The entire alphabet, including words that start with various letters.
- How to spell her name.
- How to negotiate. Meaning if you give her one piece of candy, she'll ask for two. Give her two and she'll ask for three. Give her three...... you get my drift.
- The names of EVERYTHING. From cement trucks to the Space Needle to xylophones, she knows it all.
- Saige also knows her birth date, last name and the city she lives in.
A few recent quotes of Saige's:
- After she lets a loud fart, Mom asked "What do you say?" Saige replies "Thank you Fart!
- After seeing our friend Annie at 9 months pregnant, Saige proclaims "Annie can't fit in an elevator!" Then, a few weeks later, after she'd had the baby Saige said "Annie can fit in an elevator now!"
- When asked what her favorite candy is she replied "Saige's!"
Saige now has nicknames for everyone. Mommy is also known as "Mom-ya" or "Mommy-Pod" and Daddy is known as "Dad-ya" or "Daddy-Pod." Tica is "TicaBell" and Love Bug is "Lubby."
We're mercifully past the mommy-only phase. Saige is now equally content to spend time with her daddy and showers him with hugs and kisses. She also insists he gets her out of bed in the morning (mommy's favorite). She now also sees Daddy as her "protector" and wants him when she's scared or had a bad dream.
All in all, we're doing great! Cruising into childhood at mock speed and loving every second of it!